MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memmorymoog Plus and Taurus II pedals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Moog Discussion Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CurtWash2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Memmorymoog Plus and Taurus II pedals Reply with quote

Hello to all,

About 10 or so years ago, I purchased a set of Taurus II pedals with an abs case for $180 from a music store in Indiana. I did not get the stand and I removed the mount from the bottom of the controller so I could lie the controller on flat surfaces. Then like a moron, I proceeded to lose the overlay for the controller which was in good shape. A couple years ago 2 pedals stopped working and then later all audio output has ceased.

Since I have lost the stand mount also from the controller, I now would like to find another. If not, my machine shop worker neighbor will probably help me out now that the collector bug has hit me.

I guess I need a repair manual so I can disassemble the pedals and repair them (degree in Electronics) now work in manufacturing.

My Memmorymoog Plus was purchased aabout a year later in Kentucky for $200 including a star flight case. It is in perfect shape except one of the pots for the 3rd osc on the front panel has become dirty.

I would like to replace the pot. Also, I really do not know whether the patches are original. I have a manual but what I really want is a CD full of patches so that I can now begin to use my Moogs to try to write some music in my home studio. I heard somewhere that sampling the patches is a good idea. Maybe I could use my laptop to play back the patches from the cdrom. If anyone can help please let me know. I don't mean to brag or anything but I am very proud of my little studio. Here is a gear list of my favorite equipment. What I did was to wait and study to try and find the most cost effective equipment and sell stuff when needed. Mostly all of the real expensive stuff was purchased broken or in a fire sale from an insurance company. Nothing really has any scratches though.

Kurzweil K2500XS with all roms, KDFX, 8gb int. scsi and K2600 objects
Korg Pa1xPro
Ensoniq ZR-76 2 roms, 4mb flash and Real piano (Coakly)
Memmorymoog plus
Taurus II pedals
Korg DSS-1
Fender Rhodes 88 suitcase
Hammond BV with leslie
Motion sound KBR-M
Voce V3
Yamaha O1V 96
Art DPS II
DBx Driverack pa
Studio Projects C1 condenser
Tama Rockstar DX set Sabian cymbals
Carver PM1200 amp for Yamaha SP II mains
Samson S2000 for Kustom bass bins
4 Yamaha SM-12 monitors
SM-58 and SM-57 mics and an audix drum mic kit
Ibanez Musicman 4 string and original Fender Bassman 100 tube head and matching cabinet.
Getzen Capri silver plated flugelhorn

About 90 percent of my equipment I have purchased used and sometimes not even with all the parts except for a few pieces. So I am very proud of it. I would however like to get my "Moog sound" back in order because I feel the sound of "real" analog is still something that is a very beautiful thing when available (even though I havent made much money from using it live or in the studio). Guess I can always keep collecting. For now though I need the Moog stuff working so I can play it some more.

CurtWash2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Moog Discussion Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: