MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modulation Wheel Adjustment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gschank

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Modulation Wheel Adjustment Reply with quote

I had my Minimoog tuned up by a technician. He re-adjusted my modulation control wheel too sensitive. Is this something that I can easily adjust myself, or will I have to go back to another tech?
Resonator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Modulation Wheel Adjustment Reply with quote

....nice forum - some answers are coming very late, but they are coming:
The mod-pot has only two wires. In full counter-Clockwise postion it should have 0 Ohms. Fully forward (full modulation) it should have 1,2 KOhm. This is a movement of 90 degrees - itīs a miracle, that this 50Kohm-Pot (audio/log) makes only 1,2 Kohms at the first 90 degrees...this is really special. So it will not work if you change it to a simple 50KOhm log Pot.
If the modulation begins too soon you can loosen the little screw of the modulation-wheel and turn the pot-axle some degrees- try out, in which direction (Sorry, i forgot it Wink). There is nothing that you can damage or make wrong - it is stone-age-elctric.
Just loose the two screws of the modulation-panel, pull out the small wood-block and remove the panel carefully. Before you kill the kabels, disconnect the 12-pole jack, so you can make your measurement very easy on your table. The jack only fits in one position - you dont have to mark it.
Greetz
martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Minimoog All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: