MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jan Hammer with Memorymoog

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rluther
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Jan Hammer with Memorymoog Reply with quote

Here's an old publicity picture of Jan Hammer playing a Memorymoog on the Charlie Rose show.
THM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pic !!
oldsynthguy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a Moog 15 and Fairlight monitor / QWERTY keyboard I see in the background?

I'm looking for recommendations on some good Jan Hammer albums. I've got "Escape from Television" and I really like it. I also have an older album with an old car on the cover which I don't like so much. And then there's the Mahavishnu Orchestra music which is a little too technical for me. Does he have anything else similar to "Escape"?
johnbezjian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Jan's other kbds. Reply with quote

Yes, that is a Fairlight CMI Monitor and Alphanumic Keyboard in the photo. Jan did use the CMI (Computer Musical Instrument)

I was not present when the photo was taken but it does look like a System 15 size portable cabinet. I think he had one. (He has lots of stuff including a bunch of Oberheim SEM's in a big box to play polyphonically with his custom remote keyboard controller. This was before integrated polysynths were available)

I worked at Moog when the Memorymoog was invented. I was the Northeast Sales Manager as well as a programmer for the Factory Presets in the Memorymoog. (A great deal of them are mine.)
After leaving Moog, I worked for Fairlight Instruments and I had worked some shows that jan did representing us on the Fairlight CMI.

A really nice guy too!

John
johnbezjian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Jan's other kbds. Reply with quote

Yes, that is a Fairlight CMI Monitor and Alphanumic Keyboard in the photo. Jan did use the CMI (Computer Musical Instrument)

I was not present when the photo was taken but it does look like a System 15 size portable cabinet. I think he had one. (He has lots of stuff including a bunch of Oberheim SEM's in a big box to play polyphonically with his custom remote keyboard controller. This was before integrated polysynths were available)

I worked at Moog when the Memorymoog was invented. I was the Northeast Sales Manager as well as a programmer for the Factory Presets in the Memorymoog. (A great deal of them are mine.)
After leaving Moog, I worked for Fairlight Instruments and I had worked some shows that jan did representing us on the Fairlight CMI.

A really nice guy too!

John
johnbezjian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Jan's other kbds. Reply with quote

After leaving Moog, I worked for Fairlight Instruments and I had worked some shows that Jan did representing us on the Fairlight CMI.

A really nice guy too!

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Memorymoog All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: