MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Surman Minimoog MuSonics Model D ebay item 3762975239

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> FOR SALE & WTB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oktopusinc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: John Surman Minimoog MuSonics Model D ebay item 3762975239 Reply with quote

JOHN SURMAN MOOG MuSonics Mini MOOG Synthesizer Synth very rare item

This auction is for a Mini Moog in good condition. This is the rare second incarnation of the Model D Minimoog which was the MuSonics version built around 1971.

The item is being auctioned on behalf of the renowned English Jazz musician John Surman who has decided to downsize his stable of touring and studio equipment. The item comes with a letter of authenticity signed by John Surman and has been in ownership since the 1970's used in the studio, on many of his albums and live on stage.

The item is in remarkeably good condition for its age and is fully operational - there are some age related marks but this adds to its intrinsic value as a well used instrument - the only major things are some gaffer tape residue and an aluminium badge on the back that is a bit crumpled and bent.

The synth was last serviced and tuned three years ago by Robin Wood of EMS. Every function is in working order. There is a modification of a switch fitted to the S-trigger, which was to enable the synth to function as a drone.

This is a chance to own an amazing piece of equipment with some serious musical heritage. These units are hard to come by today and highly sought after by collectors and musicians alike.

Collection from my home in St Albans can be arranged but delivery is available with a charge of 50 for parcelforce 48 including up to 2500 insurance - I will sjhip worldwide but Parcelforce have quoted 190 to ship to USA with a maximum insurance of 2500 - if anyone knows of a cheaper courier then feel free to tell me.

21st Nov: I have had massive interest in this item and naturally a few questions. The main question is regarding the serial number. I must clarify here that I do not have the synth in my posession at the moment and will not in fact be able to collect it until the 4th December after the auction ends. However, this Moog has been owned from new and is in good condition and has only seen studio use in the last decade or more.

Please see my other auctions for other John Surman items

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3762975239&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> FOR SALE & WTB All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: