MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moog Taurus pedals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Moog Discussion Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonsetbeach

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Moog Taurus pedals Reply with quote

[size=18]I have a set of Moog Taurus II Bass pedals.

I have only the pedals. The control unit evaporated somehow...

Question:

will these pedals work with anything else other than taurus control unit. Model 3438 - serial # 2081 - Buffalo[/size]
MC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just peeked at the schematic and they will not work as an external controller. Part of the necessary circuitry is in the brain unit. You'd have to modify the pedals to use them as a controller.
Brother Firefingers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Moog Taurus II pedal unit Reply with quote

I was just going to ask the same question, but specifically if you can control a Moog Rogue via the Taurus II pedal unit... as I understand it, the Taurus II brain is exactly the same as a Rogue minus the keyboard. I found and bought an NOS Taurus II pedal set, and am going to pick up a Rogue today... I'm hoping I can use the two together without modifications?

~Tim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll answer my own question in case the original poster is still looking... You can control other synths from the Taurus II controller if the synth to be controlled has a CV and S-trigger inputs.

Connect the CV out to the CV in of your synth. On the Rogue, it is the first detent (ring) position. Further, connect the S-trigger out of the controller to the S-trigger (or trigger) in of you synth.

This should be all you need to do; it works for mine. The Taurus II overrides the keyboard of the synth it controls, so you will get an afternote equal to the last note played on the Taurus II if you use the keyboard on the synth. I'm going to run my trigger line through an A/B box to disconnect it from the controller so that I can use the keyboard without that annoying artifact live... should work, since this goes away if you withdraw the trigger cable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Moog Discussion Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: