MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RIP Dr. Robert Arthur "Bob" MOOG
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Remembering Bob
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FunKii_DenAki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: RIP Reply with quote

R.I.P Bob Moog.

In memories of your death our class has done an individual assignment on you.
Ex-Motel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: I loved the Polymoog Reply with quote

I played keyboard in the '80s pop group the Motels. I remember my first rehearsal back in July 1978. In the corner of the rehearsal space was a Polymoog. I claimed I could play "synth" but had never played one. I soon got to know the Polymoog and loved the SOUND. With Moog, all things being equal, it was all about TONE. And Bob's filters and oscillators...well, they sounded human, warm. I played the Polymoog extensively on our first two albums, especially the first album, and at live gigs. I loved the brass sound, and the faux-Harpsichord sound, and especially the ribbon controller, I used that on a lot of songs.
On the down side, opening up a Polymoog was like a visit to a spaghetti factory---the last gasp of wires connecting stuff to stuff, before ICs and the Prophet-5 approach to circuit design. The approved factory method of fixing hums and cracks in a Polymoog was to smack the side of the case...I am not kidding, Rob Konikoff told me this himself! (The Moog rep at the time.). Despite the unreliable nature of the Polymoog, it was all about sounds, I loved this keyboard, and I later got a Memorymoog, that was more reliable but not quite as great in user-interface and overall sound. God bless Robert Moog's contribution to music, especially the New Wave period of which I was a happy participant.
Marty Jourard
Seattle
Mike from Munich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Bob,

your wonderful instruments are an important part in the soundtrack of my life, for this i'd like to thank you very very much. Your inventions allready have made you immortal.

We'll never forget you! Thanks for all!
Rob Matthias

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: "A Great Pioneer" Reply with quote

I ,like others around the world,was deeply saddened to hear that
Bob Moog had passed away.Dr.Moog was one of the coolest inventors of our time!One time I sent him an E-mail and talked about how the latter
modulars looked much better to me from an asthetic point of view.
Dr.Moog wrote me back a really nice letter which stated that he agreed
with me and said"We learned a lot in those early days".
How many guys as importantent as Dr.Moog would have taken the time to reply?I'll dig that letter out and frame it.
My deepest sympathy goes out to his family and close friends.
Rob Matthias
analogbass

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similarly nice experience meeting briefly with Bob. In watching the movie DVD Moog, which I recommend, you can see what a gentleman he was. Good representative.

Wish i'd been old enough to attend some of those early modular demos, such as the one held at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC in the mid-60s-i'd assumed it was a scholarly affair and it turns out to also have been very much a quintessential 60s experience-read the Deutsch interview on this site for more.
carl yeager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: sounds continue Reply with quote

Music would not be the same without this fine man. I was born in 48
and in 68 my friend gave me WC Switch on Bach album. I was never the
same after hearing Wendy's NY recordings. Then several years it was
the master from Japan, "Tomita". Snowflakes are dancing. He kicked
it up a notch. I have heard others, is there anyone that can match
the disapline of these two great master chart readers. Tell me an I
will be glad to listen...Carl Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
juancastiglione

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Hola Amigos Reply with quote

Que significa esto?.

Saludos.
THM

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ola !

Bob MOOG es el fundador de lo más de los partes del sintetisador.
Él has los patentes para mucho partes como el 24db filter etc...

Saludos & bienvenidos al forum Moogarchives.com !

(disculpa mi para los errores linguísticos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Remembering Bob All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: