MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RIP Dr. Robert Arthur "Bob" MOOG
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Remembering Bob
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: RIP Dr. Robert Arthur "Bob" MOOG Reply with quote

With big regret but in honour of Dr. MOOG I have to tell that Bob passed away yesterday.
I've always been having a big admiration for the most important inventor of synthesizers/synthesizer parts.

RIP Dr. Robert Arthur "Bob" MOOG, all my prayers go to you and your family now.

- THM -
zachary vex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh. i'm glad he went relatively quickly. i have been monitoring his progress at the caringbridge.com site (enter bobmoog) and it's such a tragic story. what a loss for all of us and his family and business partners and friends! he'll be remembered for centuries, no doubt.
Sixgun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Mr. Moog...your contribution is incalcuable...
easyflowmusic!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was even in our german news...Rest in peace, Mr. Moog!

Best regards
André
londoncokehead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bob .. Thanks for the fun ..

My Tribute .

http://londoncokehead.blogspot.com/2005/08/cheers-bob-mate.html
C, Alexander Brown

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Bob's Transition... Reply with quote

All things end, including the lives of Great people. His life was useful, and he gave much to the world. Long into the future, others, including many who will not even know is name, will build on what he created. Goodbye Robert Moog, Ph.D.
vaas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everything, Bob!!!
Dj Dozilievich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Amen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world of electronic music has lost its father. God bless you Bob Moog, my you rest in peace.
Boston Tom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Remembering Bob Reply with quote

Quote:
How Many Musician's would lack the expression tools for their creations without you and your knowledge? Thank You!
scraphog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Farewell sir, rest in peace Reply with quote

I remember my first synth, and how everything I did back then with it I compared to a moog. That pretty much says it all, he set the standard that all others in this business have strived to achieve. Thank you for your electronic gifts and rest well.
hairfarmer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the memorial yesterday afternoon. It was really pretty moving.

Many people with varying credentials in the music industry (mostly academics, instrument industry people and a few musicians - all close friends) as well as family membersand members of the Moog Music company family all reminiscing about Bob. Virtually no tears from anyone. As a matter of fact, everyone who spoke told at least one joke, usually jokes that they'd either heard from Bob or knew were his favorites.

There was music, of course, before, during and as the end of the memorial. A local band called Toubab Krewe played as the bookends of the service. They were a recent favorite of Moog's which I found rather ironic as none of them play electronic instruments. With the exception of electric guitar and bass the rest of the group all play acoustic instruments - Drums, Percussion and Kora (African Harp).
There were also a few performances by Thereminists and Wendy Carlos spoke and presented recorded pieces of hers that were some of Bob's favorites.

I was definately impressed with the image of what kind of father Moog was when the band began performing an up-tempo piece to close the service. All of his children (ages 44 - 24) got up at the foot of the stage and not only started dancing, but encoureged everyone else to do likewise.

I'm sure there will be more detailed accounts of the event here before long for anyone interested in checking it out.
a.s.i.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Remembering Bob Reply with quote

The electronic music world is in mourning. Let us get through this so we can once again tweak those knobs! Smile

D.alvarez (a.s.i.)

http://www.advancedsynthesizerinstrumentals.com
BRYAN CHANDLER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: GOD SPEED COMMANDER MOOG! Reply with quote

From Kent State University I learned all of the best things about electronic from the moog lab there. I will always be indebted to him for
all that he gave me to dream with-Thanks Bob!
Brygee
Flow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope there is a moog island out there...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Remembering Bob All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: