MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memorymoog plus - Modulation rate problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilly400

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Memorymoog plus - Modulation rate problem Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've just acquired a memorymoog plus. Everything seems to be working OK apart from the modulation rate - whatever I try I can't seem to change the rate. Doesn't seem to matter whether I'm in normal mode or sequencer mode or running the arpeggiator, I can't change the rate.

If I load a patch then the rate changes to what was stored with the patch, so the LFO seems to be working OK, it's just that the control knob doesn't seem to function.

Is this a known problem (hopefully easy to sort out)? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Martin Gilbert
THM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin, doesn't seem to be a generally known issue - never heard of that problem actually.
Imho it's just due to a malfunctioning knob/pot; maybe it must only be cleaned to work again.
As you say the LFO rates are changing with some different presets, it shows that the LFO Rate feature is working somewhere - so I'd first check the Rate knob/pot itself. Maybe it's not well connected, or maybe it's just dirty and it needs only a little cleaning - I'd try the latter first.
I hope that helps you out - good luck & have fun with the MM+ !!
prof_a

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How have the repairs gone? I had similar issues with some controls and it turned out to be a bad multiplex chip, one of the 4051s. So in other words, the control itself was fine, but it was not being properly encoded, so the computer never got the right settings. I replaced the chip and it works perfectly now. I realize your issue may be different but its another thought.
Best of luck with it in any case!
gilly400

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm just going to live with it for the time being.

I'll try and get around to opening it up before too long.

Thanks for the tip.

Martin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Memorymoog All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: