MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prodigy Owners - Can you please check this fo me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Moog Discussion Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
industrial_gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Prodigy Owners - Can you please check this fo me? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just bought a mk.2 Podigy, had it serviced and now I'm dabbling with it.

I've got a question about the oscillator sync:

What happens is that when the oscillators are NOT synced together, it tunes perfectly (or close enough) to A=440hz, and the oscillators tune to each other properly, at unison. However, as soon as you sync the oscillators, the pitch of both oscillators drops down 3 semitones (a minor third). It's annoying to say the least, but it's not so annoying that I haven't been able to work with it. It just requires me retuning the pitch knob if i want to use the osc sync. The problem is consistent, no matter whther i've just switched the synth on, or whether it's well-warmed up. I thought it might be a wrongly-tuned oscillator, but then I realized they tune perfectly together when they're not synced, so how can that be? However I might be missing some info, I'm no electronic genius.

So I guess what my question are, are:
-Is this normal? I'm guessing it's not.
-Has anyone else had this problem?
-Possible fixes or suggestions?

cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to James Walker at Synth Repair Services, I've found the problem. It was down to the potentiometer on the pitch bend wheel. When in the centre dent position, the voltage on one side of the pot should be exactly +12V DC and the other side -12V DC with the centre pin at 0V. Once I'd adjusted this, recalibrated the oscillators, hey presto!

Cheers James, very much appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Moog Discussion Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: