MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minimoog tuning proceedure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Moog Discussion Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonpol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Minimoog tuning proceedure Reply with quote

Question I finally acquired a Minimoog. Everything works, but the keyboard is out of tune. With pitch wheel centered, tuning knob at zero, Osc. 1 is off by a fifth. A440 pitch is "D" on the keyboard, not "A". The tuning proceedure in the copy of the "early" manual I have shows a series of tuning pots that don't correspond to the back of my synth. I'm assuming I have a later model D and there is another tuning proceedure for it. Anyone have a clue where I can get a copy? Would anyone be kind enough to email it to me? I don't know how many revisions the model D went through, but if you think you have what I need, I'd appreciate it allot.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I service Minimoogs all the time, both versions are easy to tune with a simple guitar tuner, however the tuning pots are sensitive to stray voltages so, it is best to find some kind of nylon tool to do the trim, or else the pitch wobbles as you try and adjust the trimmers. It also helps to exersise the trimmers a little back and forth before setting each trim.

There are several Minimoog service manuals on the net, just search under "Minimoog Manual", if you cannot find what you need let me know and I will post you a photocopy of the relevent pages.
Steve Jones

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, that last post was me, forgot to log in. Wink
Jonpol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Minimoot tuning Reply with quote

I finally found a copy of the tuning procedure for the newer oscillator board. I just was confused about the extra row of tuning pots not found in the original minimoog manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Moog Discussion Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: