MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you, Bob Moog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Remembering Bob
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fewtchure

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Thank you, Bob Moog Reply with quote

(First something about myself)... I'm not a musician, but a collector of rare Moog LP's. I was born in the summer of '64 -- you might say me and the Moog Synthesizer were born at the same time, and I grew up with the wonderful Moog sound all around me.

My first LP was the "Star Wars" soundtrack by the Electric Moog Orchestra. My parents wouldn't give me the money for the full version after I saw it in the theater, so I had to "settle for" the Moog version. On second thought, I'm glad I did. It's really quite good, and got me lovin' the Moog sound even more. Unfortunately I never did purchase a synthesizer and learn to play it, but there's still time.

I'm deeply saddened by Bob Moog's passing, and equally grateful for his numerous contributions. The sound of his instruments makes me feel happy, it's as simple as that. I purchased the Moog Movie yesterday, and am looking forward to receiving it.

Deepest condolences to Bob's family and his close friends. Bob's legacy will live forever. He affected more people than probably even he imagines, perhaps even all of us who were born in the 60's and spent our childhoods with those glorious, instantly recognizable sounds all around us.

Bob, you and your instrument(s) have touched me deeply, although I never did get the opportunity to meet you personally. You will be very much missed. It feels like the end of an era.

P.S. gracious thanks to Roger Luther et al. for offering this outstanding website and tribute to the man himself, as well as the people who made it all happen.
pocket542

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Imagine Reply with quote

:X Now imagine if the world was like that.:I
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Remembering Bob All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: