MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOOG AMPLIFIER (ROCKY)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Moog Discussion Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitarist

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: MOOG AMPLIFIER (ROCKY) Reply with quote

I came across one of these... I guess it's pretty rare 'cause I haven't found ahything about it on the web...

It's a guitar amplifier with a 10" speaker, two channels (lead and rhythm)and uses 1 12AX7 tube and two smaller ones...

Can anyone give ne a hint on this??? Thanx
blogGreen88

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: guitar amp Reply with quote

Are you talking about guitar amp or something else?! Umm. There is a good page for guitar amp perhaps!
Also,you can find some other content on it,such as silver necklace or currency exchange rate or mortgages uk.
You can search on the homepage try some other keywords,no ads even.these page updated every day.Because of the huge database,it perhaps not very fast,if you don't like it,take it easy.
jknj

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased one these. I have created a schematic of it, and learned a great deal from that. Theb front end is nearly identical to the Pignose tube amp that Denis Krager also designed. The power stage is virtually identical to a Tweed Princeton 5F2A. It is a solid design, but I would say that it is a bit distorted. I am considering changing the front end part values to make it closer to a more Fender or Marshall design.
kwajer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Rocky Reply with quote

I too have a Rocky Amp. But mine has one 6V6 and two 12AX7's in it.
I too would like to have a schematic of this thing. It sounds pretty good when the 6v6 doesn't go out in it. Does anyone have anything on these amps?
kwajer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put a JJ brand 6V6 in it and it stopped blowing my tube. It handles a higher plate voltage than the other brands. You guys who have 6L6's in your Rocky amp change them out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Moog Discussion Board All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: