MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mini Model D samples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleestack2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Mini Model D samples Reply with quote

Are there any Model D samples? Please don't suggest listening to certain pop songs. Mainly interested in the powerful growling bass it can do. Open and closed filter. Are there any about? thanks..
eric coleridge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little difficult to really get a sence of the Mini's sound without hearing it in person through an amp/loud speaker. When synths are recorded straight to tape and/or sampled, they tend to start to sound very similar (to an extent).
You tend to read over and over about the "Moog" sound, and the Mini's bass capabilities. But to me, most every synth with a low pass filter is capable of incredible bass tones and frequency. The "growling" sound is also not specific to a Mini or any other synth, but is characteristic of the resonant filter in gerenral

However, the Mini does have an extremely unique tone/timber and the character of it's bass sounds (and really all of it's sounds) can only be found on a Mini D. None of the other Moogs have it (although a few have their own special character). It's hard to explain in words, but the Mini sounds more like a real instrument, like pure electric tone, but also like a cello or trumpet or bass guitar. After hearing it, it almost makes most any other synth sound like an electric toy. Sounds extreme, but that's what it sounds like to me.

But I don't think you'll get this from a sample.
Alfredsolax

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a sample of my '75 mini...No EQ, no FX...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Minimoog All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: