MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need some help.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfreese

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: I need some help..... Reply with quote

I just bought my 3rd Minimoog (serial number 4516) and it doesn't have the wood piece going along the top of the flip up face control panel. My mini with the serial 11958 has it. Is it missing on my new one or did it ever have it????? I would love to know. Thanks-Jason
agermani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Probably Missing Reply with quote

3 Minimoogs, wow....

I am guessing that the wood strip is just missing. I have a Mini in the upper 1000's which does have the wood strip. Additionally I've seen dozens on Minis on eBay, and all have the strip. As far as I know the only Minimoog built without that strip was a prototype - the Model C - and this can be seen in the photos of early Minimoog promotional literature.

Since you have 2 other Mini's you might be able to remove the strip from one and take it to a cabinet builder to duplicate. I believe they were using stained poplar (though I've also heard maple) for the Minimoogs by the 4000's. Regradless though, I'm sure the cabinet builder could look at it and tell you what you have.

Hope this helps and again - wow...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Probably Missing Reply with quote

Agermani,
Thanks for the great info!!!!!!!!!!!!! JFreese
mcmx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice site

ebay club
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Minimoog All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: