MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why is the Minimoog sought after?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
analogbass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they have the same types of auctions here in the US. Sometimes referred to as seized good auctions or foreclosures.

Sometimes they sell off the expensive cars of convicted drug dealers, and much later after the car is sold the new owner discovers drugs still hidden in the car.

Unbelievable deal; I'm jealous. Any pics?
analogbass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

analogbass wrote:
Yes, they have the same types of auctions here in the US. Sometimes referred to as seized goods auctions or foreclosures.

Sometimes they sell off the expensive cars of convicted drug dealers, and much later after the car is sold the new owner discovers drugs still hidden in the car.

Unbelievable deal; I'm jealous. Any pics?
Mike from Munich

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi analogbass!

'seized good auctions' comes near. But these people are not criminals, they just don't pay their bills. They don't answer letters and one day, someone with an order from a court is standing on your doorstep and says "oh, let me see what you have".

Pictures? Sure. This picture is showing the 'new' mini that i got from the auction at the left and my old mini (that i own for 10 years now) on the right. The new one is really amazing, seems that it had been sealed in a timecapsule. It sounds so fresh and perfect, much better than my 'old' minimoog. And the cabinet has still the smell of wood.

140 Euro....i still can't believe it...

analogbass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable-mint condition AND with the nicer, fairly rare wood..I have to save this pic.

Are they new or old oscillators-what are the serial nos.?

If you gig, always use the old one. If you don't, unless you want 2 of them you can sell the old one..
Mike from Munich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The serial number of the old one is 68xx, the new one is 84xx.

I also have an ARP Odyssey and a Korg MS-20 with Sequencer SQ-10 and a Fender Rhodes E-Piano in my small living room, as well as a masterkeyboard that is connected to the computer. Are you also doing homerecording with your PC? Do you use softsynths?

EDIT: I will make some better detailed photos from the new moog, this one was made with my cellphone because i have no digicam, But i can borrow one from a friend.
analogbass

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the resolution of this pic is quite good in my opinion. If you have other pics, pls. send to asthete@aol.com.

Both of your Minis have the older oscillator boards. The Korg and Odyssey are good choices to provide different types of sounds. Have you bought a midi/cv box to use them with a sequencer?

No softsynths, i have some of the Moog and Sequential classics, including these that i just sold:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7356682015&indexURL=1#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7356670721
Mike from Munich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Korg SQ 10 Sequencer for the Korg MS 20. The Odyssey is one of the first that were built (white version) and has no CV/Gate, so there's no way to run it with a sequencer.

Maybe i'll bring my synths to http://www.lintronics.de/, Mr. Linhard is one of the best technicians for synths in Germany and he offers a special midikit for Minimoogs. My 'old' Minimoog needs some tuning and cleaning work.

Wow, you had a Memorymoog and a Prophet 5? So why did you sell these great machines?
analogbass

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only sold them because I have more than one of each.

Rudi i'm sure is good, but his prices seem to be quite high. I don't see any midi kit prices anywhere, if you know pls. post prices and features here.
Mike from Munich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here: http://www.lintronics.de/minimoog.html text is in english, scroll down to see the price. Midikit with installation is 420 Euro.
pocket542

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: umm Reply with quote

Quote:
Did production of the model D Minimoog start in August of 1969?

Very Happy wow interesting way of putting it.
sleestack2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike from Munich. Do you ever plan on selling that Mini you found? What would you ask for it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Minimoog All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: