MoogArchives.com Forum Index MoogArchives.com
Vintage Moog Information Exchange

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed building a modular

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Modular Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Help needed building a modular Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm starting a project to build my own modular synth. It all started out when i found out the synth used on the beatles' abbey road album was a moog IIIp. I didn't know anything about modular synths, but being a big beatles fan and an electronics enthusiast i decided to make myself an as accurate as possible copy of that instrument. I searched the net for info on modular synths and the IIIp, and i think i now posess enough knowledge to start construction. But i really need all the help i can get:

1. I've got schematics for most of the modules, the only ones i don't have are the control panels cp1 and cp9. In fact, i know very little about these modules. The cp9 is a power switch (nothing but a switch?) and cp1 is a control voltage/trigger panel. If you have/know where to find (on the net) schematics or any other info about these modules, please post on the forums or email me.

2. I could design my own circuit boards, but i really would like my circuit boards to resemble the originals as mach as possible. I would be sooooooo glad if i had good quality close-up pics of the circuit boards, both component and foil side (ahh... just look at the minimoog circuit board phtots on fjp:s site, www.fantasyjackpalance.com ... I nearly decided to abandon the IIIp project and build a minimoog Very Happy ) If you have/can take/know of any websites containing this kind of photos, please please please reply on the forums or mail me at timo.arpiainen@helsinki.fi !!

3. Any other information, useful or apparently useless, on the IIIp system or any of it's modules is higly welcome Very Happy

Thanks in advance to anyone helping me with any info, schematics or photos.
oldsynthguy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Timo,

That sounds like an interesting project you're considering. Have you thought about the costs? I'd love to know how much the parts would cost and how much time it would take to clone something like a IIIP.
wlaut

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Timo:

Are you still working on your project? If so, you may want to watch eBay as there is one fellow selling copies of the Moog modular schematics on CD.

I have both a Moog 12 and 15, and they have a mixture of modules whose circuit boards appear to be "hand-drawn" as opposed to the later professionally laid-out stencil. If you want, I can try to photograph some of the modules and email the photos to you. Contact me at wlgen@verizon.net if you want the photos.
best online

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Help needed building a modular Reply with quote

GREAT WEBSITE!!!! I spent the whole afternoon and part of an evening on here.There is just so much interesting stuff that you can't tear yourself away.I appreciate all the hard work that goes in to making a site this good.
Jim Cook

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a Moog Modular Reply with quote

Why not buy module kits from www.synthtech.com?

-Jim
(no financial connection for me)
blogGreen88

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: building construction Reply with quote

Are you talking about building construction or something else?! Umm. There is a good page for building construction perhaps!
Also,you can find some other content on it,such as plastic container or soccer shirts or leptoprin.
You can search on the homepage try some other keywords,no ads even.these page updated every day.Because of the huge database,it perhaps not very fast,if you don't like it,take it easy.
xcesable

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Moog Technical Service manuals Reply with quote

Hi Timo if your still looking try this link http://www.hylander.com/moogschematics.html
its got loads of Original Documentation on loads of moog and other synths

best of luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MoogArchives.com Forum Index -> Modular Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: